Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 46 times)

XPD

• The Big Fish
  • Administrator
  • This is my house
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:22:10 am »
Hi, I'm XPD, the owner of this site. I'm a self-confessed gamer, geek along with being a father and husband.

I currently game on Xbox One and PC, but also own a PS3 which I played on hell of a lot.

Emulation is something I've always found interesting, especially Amiga emulation.

Why the Amiga ?

Back in the day, I had an Amiga 500 Plus system, and loved it, learnt how it worked, put together my own compilation disks, got a modem visiting BBS's and eventually started my own BBS which ran for a number of years. Ended up with an A500Plus, running 6MB RAM, 120MB SCSI HDD (which I still have and still spins up!), 030 40Mhz accelerator (standard Amiga was 7Mhz!) and an external NEC CDR70 CD Rom. But in the late 90's my Amiga died and I moved to PC...... (yuck ;) )

But the Amiga bug still bites, so into emulation I went. I also enjoy some of the old arcade games (Wardner was a favorite) so MAME soon appeared in my software as well.

There slots of international emulation websites, but nothing local in NZ really, so thought Id throw this together and see what happens :)

Enjoy!

SimpleMachines Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux